Sunday, February 23, 2014

Technology Integration

Our students have become 21st century learners and have the world at their fingertips. As a teacher of those students it is my job to meet their needs by integrating the technology they will be using the rest of their lives. Technology should be use in the classroom because this is the place where students can safely make mistakes, learn how to effectively use technology to meet goals and to gain information. Technology can be used for collaboration, publication and so many other things.
 Through my experience in grad school, I was able to learn and try new technology tools in my classroom. Some have been very effective and I will continue to use them, and others didn't work for me this year. After I complete the program I will continue to implement new technology into my classroom. Something I have just started to play with is a flipped classroom structure. I'm hoping this structure will work for some of my lessons and I will continue to use it in the future. Learning about the SAMR model has helped me analyze technology and its effectiveness in the classroom. I will continue to use this model to choose tools that will be beneficial to my students.
I hope to continue to learn about new technology tools in different ways. An easy way to learn more is to observe and talk with other teachers. Through discussion in my building, watching blogs and following teachers on social media, I will have plenty of outlets for learning. I will also continue to use freetech4teachers.com since it is easy to use and has relevant information.



No comments:

Post a Comment