Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tech Tools- Feb 3-7

This week we were asked to try out Haiku Deck. After watching the tutorial I had a few ideas on how to implement this tool. I did not have time this week to have my students create one so I created one to show the students. I used the Haiku Deck to show pictures and short phrases about early American Colonial life. Based on the Haiku Deck they had to describe what life was like in Colonial times. I also made them explain their thinking and use examples from the Deck to "prove" their thinking. We are working on generalizations and inferencing so it fit perfectly with this skill.
I also used a new tech tool this week with one of my students. I saw on our tech spreadsheet an app called Dragon Dictation. This app allows you to talk into the microphone and the app types every word that you say. This is perfect for my students who is on an IEP for writing. Instead of writing his whole narrative story I had him speak into this app so it helps him write the rest of this story. He felt so much relief after I showed him this tool and was actually excited about a writing assignment for once this year. I haven't decided if I am going to have him write it out on paper after using the app or not but this will help him spell when he does have to write it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment