Sunday, February 2, 2014

Persistence



Over the past few weeks I have definitely been challenged to stay persistent. It seems the busiest time of the year fell on these last few weeks. At school I had trainings, observations and meetings, oh yeah and teaching! Every moment that I wasn't doing those things I seemed to be doing grad work or making lists of all the things that need to get done. I've felt...OVERWHELMED! With persistence in mind I changed my outlook on a few of those things I was overwhelmed with. The think that kept me motivated was seeing the end in sight. I had a goal (either getting through observations, or grad work) and I knew that goal would be reached soon. I kept telling myself I can do this for a little while. I made my lists and stuck to my schedule- I used my snow days very purposefully and was able to get a lot accomplished and I was able to set smaller goals. I am so thankful to surround myself with people who understand and are positive because that has helped me stay positive as well. I will keep making my schedules and lists (because they keep me sane) and I know I will stay persistent with whatever comes at me next. Because I've been focused on this I didn't see myself getting too bogged down in the negative. I let myself think that for maybe a moment but then told myself to change my attitude. If I felt like I've hit my breaking point for the day I just went to bed (sometimes at 7:30) and started over the next day. Positive thinking will get me through!





No comments:

Post a Comment